Just sitting here, reflecting on the past 15 years. It was 15 years ago tonight on a hot summer evening that my doorbell rang and 2 guys from Lisa’s church shared the Gospel with me. For the first time it all made sense. I had really been seeking after the truth since that February and that night it all came together.
Wow it’s amazing to think that God would save someone like me. Little did I realize that night as I prayed and asked Jesus for His forgiveness and surrendered control of my life over to Him, how much my life would change. In those 15 years God has blessed me with…
- Eternal life.
- An awesome wife and her family.
- Two great businesses.
- The privilege of being called into full-time vocational ministry.
- The opportunity to travel all across North America visiting and working with some of the best pastors in America.
- 1000’s of new relationships with people I would have never known otherwise.
- A handful of deep, rich friendships that help motivate me to stay the course.
- So many other things that are just too numerous to list.
On July 27, 1993, I was a full-time magician with big plans. If you would have told me that night all the things that would happen in the next 15 years, I would have told you were crazy.
What’s amazing is as you read this, you never know what the next 15 years may hold for you. As crazy as my story sounds…your’s may be crazier. Just keep obeying Him one day at a time and the Lord promises us that He will direct our steps.
Thank you Jesus for saving me…I didn’t deserve it 15 years ago, and I still don’t deserve it today…but yet you love me and you love each person reading this more than we can ever imagine. Use us to share that same good news with others. Help us to make our lives count for eternity.